I was in quite a dilemma. I had three projects on due, and all of them were due the next week. I totally had no time to do homework at my own pace, let alone discuss projects with my classmates.
OK, so the Science project was due next week as well. It was Monday, to be exact. Well, in order for everyone to meet up to discuss the project, all of us had to be free on that particular day. And that particular particular day was today, of all days. I flipped open my homework diary and almost got a shock. I had been paying so much attention in class until I didn't pay so much to my amount of homework. We had the most number of lessons on Tuesdays. That meant the most homework. English, Mathematics, Science, History, Chinese... multiply two worksheets by five subjects and you get ten worksheets.
Today was the ONLY day which everyone was free. Free of CCAs, extra lessons, etc. And it was the day with the most homework.
So now you could understand what kind of problem I had encountered. Project or homework? Well, I had two, or rather, three choices:
ONE: Go to my classmate's house with the rest of my classmates, and discuss the project there. I can get the Science project done by today, in four hours. When I get back home, I will only have about two hours left to do the pile of homework that I have, sleeping at around 11 PM.
TWO (A): Go home and complete my homework. As for the project, I will tell my classmates to discuss the details while I offer to do the presentation.
TWO (B): Go home and complete my homework. As for the project, everyone will meet on particular night to discuss the project online. I will have to burn lots of midnight oil then.
I had to think about each choice that I have and how much I will have to do in the end. Finally, I came to a conclusion, that is, to take choice TWO (A). My reasons were that if I were to choose to offer my help for the presentation, I would not have to do that much as a group and I could prepare the presentation in my own time. In this way, everyone could also get more specific roles in the project work, rather than everyone sharing and doing the same thing. And I didn't need to burn so much midnight oil!
My choice turned out to be a wise decision. Everything went smoothly and everyone did their part. Hence, I have learnt from this experience to always consider the consequences or effects of doing something, the pros and cons, before making a prudent decision.
462 WORDS



No comments:
Post a Comment